Our feet go through a rough time during our lifetimes, they carry us an average of five times around the earth. This can cause a lot of damage especially if we aren’t wearing the correct footwear.
Here are our top tips to remember when purchasing footwear:
- Make sure you can wiggle your toes a little inside your shoes.
- Try on both shoes and walk a few steps to see if they pinch or rub.
- Choose leather uppers or materials that allow your feet to breathe and mould well to the shape of your feet.
- Feet tend to swell a little during the day, so if you can try and buy shoes in the afternoon when your feet are at their largest.
- Visit a member of the Society of Shoe Fitters for a professional fitting series.
- Always buy the right shoes for the purpose, you don’t want to be wearing a high heel if you are planning on going a holiday that will require a lot of walking.
- Buying shoes in a ‘Sale’ may save money but could cost your feet dearly. Ensure they fit correctly.